The PEARLS Program is an evidence-based treatment program for depression that helps to create active, rewarding lives in seniors and in adults with epilepsy.
An overview of the online PEARLS program and research:
- Focuses on teaching each client the skills necessary to move to action and make lasting life changes
- Is delivered in the client’s home
- Is designed to be delivered in the community, primarily through existing service-provision programs
- Takes a team-based approach, involving PEARLS counselors, supervising psychiatrists and medical providers
- Aims to improve quality of life as well as reduce depressive symptoms and
- Is well-suited for individuals with chronic illness
An online course has been developed that provides a general overview of PEARLS and takes about two hours to complete. The course, which is $95 and accessible for 12 months after purchase, includes:
- Seven steps of Problem Solving Treatment
- How to introduce PEARLS to a client
- Step-by-step instruction in use of the Problem Solving Treatment worksheet
- Psychiatric case review
Learn more about the online PEARLS Course!